The Pender Harbour Reading Centre Reopens for Book Return and limited “Take Out” service
We will open Tuesdays and Saturdays 11 am to 2 pm – starting with book and DVD return only, beginning on June 9, 2020, followed by Saturday, June 13, 2020.
- Reading Centre Members are asked to return books in plastic or paper bags clearly marked with the date and their name. No fines will apply to Reading Centre materials which were caught up in our Covid-19 closure.
- Requests for books can be left with library volunteers now, to be filled as soon as we can provide limited take-out service. To find out what we have visit our “Library Thing” Online Catalogue at: https://www.librarything.com/catalog/phreadingcentre Email your requests to: email@example.com
- To access our request form, please click here
- No Reading Centre Members can come into the RC to browse for materials at this time
- We will try to fill requests for specific books in our collection and we will provide “grab bags” that will try to suit your taste in reading material using a request form. This service may be available before the end of June, but get your requests in soon
- Out of an abundance of caution, we will be following the same protocols that larger public libraries are following, including quarantining of incoming and outgoing library materials, frequent cleaning, frequent hand washing, and the use of rubber gloves and face masks, etc. This is to protect both our members and our volunteers.
- If you are actually quarantined at home and are desperate for reading material, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Note your phone number and address in your email, and we will try to get a volunteer to help you by delivering books to your home. This includes access to books online if you don’t know how to do that
- A limited “take out” service is available now through Sechelt Public Library. For details, please see: https://sechelt.bc.libraries.coop/discover/28807-2/
- Digital services are also available through Sechelt Public Library
- At the present time, there is no delivery service available between the Pender Harbour Reading Centre and the Sechelt Public Library